AmeriCorps Member – Tutor Coordinator & Literacy Tutor
As an AmeriCorps member with the Schools of Hope Project you would be serving as both a literacy tutor as well as a tutor coordinator at a local elementary school. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the academic success of the community’s children, while developing and using your community building, education, and project management skills. These positions require a commitment of the entire term of service.
Schools of Hope is currently recruiting for 2022-2023 service terms with the following compensation:
What is the time commitment?
- FULL TIME
- 1200 Hour (October 3, 2022 – June 9, 2023) = 40 hours/week
- 1200 Hour (October 3, 2022 – August 2, 2023) = 33 hours/week
- PART TIME
- Please contact SOH staff for details about part time opportunities
What does the position pay?
- 1200 Hour (October 3, 2022 – June 9, 2023): Paid a total of $22,820.00 for the term of service, or $1,267.78 every two weeks
- 1200 Hour (October 3, 2022 – August 2, 2023): Paid a total of $22,820.00 for the term of service, or $1,037.27 every two weeks
What benefits will I receive?
In addition to your living allowance, AmeriCorps positions provide the following benefits:
- Members are eligible to receive an education award upon completion of one year of service
- 1200 Hour = $4,546.50
- Full Time Members Only
- Health insurance (will not cover family members)
- Reimbursement for child care expenses (must meet eligibility requirements)
What requirements are there to be an AmeriCorps member?
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be U.S. Citizen or have permanent resident status
- Ability to pass a National Service Criminal History Check
What is AmeriCorps?
AmeriCorps is a national program that places members in areas of need in the United States to develop or enhance programs and strengthen communities. AmeriCorps engages more than 75,000 Americans in intensive service each year at nonprofits, schools, public agencies, and community and faith-based groups across the country.
Questions? Please contact: Emily Greene, (608) 441-1507, email@example.com