1. What does the position pay?
Full-year members are paid a total of $13,732 for their year of service; paid every two weeks
2. How much is the Education Award?
How much is the Education Award?
Full-year AmeriCorps members receive a $5,920.00 education award upon completion of their term of service.
3. What other benefits will I receive?
In addition to your living allowance, our AmeriCorps positions provide the following benefits:
- Health Insurance (Full-Time Members Only)
- Extensive training and orientation
- Professional skills development
- Education Award (upon successful completion)
- Travel reimbursement for workday mileage or bus pass
4. What requirements are there to be an AmeriCorps member?
Members on our project:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or have permanent resident status
- Must be able to pass our background check requirements
5. Will I be the only AmeriCorps member in the area?
No. During the school year, we have 20 full-time AmeriCorps members who work as literacy tutors and bring community members into our schools as literacy tutors.
“In my position, I greatly enjoy the relationships with the kids. There is also so much support from the teachers and staff members at the school. Overall, it feels like a community and I love coming to serve every day!” ~2017-2018 AmeriCorps Member