Schools of Hope in Madison
Become a Schools of Hope Tutor in Madison elementary schools!
WINTER 2021-2022 UPDATE:
Due to COVID-19, community volunteers are still NOT allowed in MMSD school buildings. If and when MMSD updates this policy, we will let you know.
As far as virtual tutoring goes, we have learned from school staff that virtual tutoring under the current circumstances is not the most productive or helpful endeavor for most elementary school students. We know that this news may be disappointing to you, as many of you are eager to serve our students and schools this year. We appreciate your patience during this unprecedented time and your understanding that we are trusting teachers and schools to tell us how we can be most helpful. One thing you can do to make sure you are ready to volunteer if and when we have opportunities available, is to ensure that your background check is up to date.
Beginning November 29, 2021, MMSD implemented a new and more efficient background check process for ALL volunteers.
- If you had a “pending” background check or needed to start the process to renew your background check, you should’ve received an email from MMSD on Monday, November 29 instructing you to log back into your Volunteer Tracker/App Garden account and fill out the background check information.
- If your background check is up to date, you do not need to take any action at this time. You will receive an email from Volunteer Tracker when you need to update.
- If your volunteer account has not had any activity for the last 2.5 years, you simply need to start from scratch and create a new account/application.
Social security numbers (SSN) are required for national criminal background checks. If you are unable to provide a SSN, please contact the partnerships department (email@example.com) for further instructions prior to filling out the volunteer application. A background check will still be completed, but will take longer. Please note that U.S. citizenship is not a requirement for volunteering, and citizenship status is not a part of a background check report. Just like in the past, volunteers are automatically emailed the results of the clearance (approved or denied). Please note, if you are having trouble logging into Volunteer Tracker account, please contact the App Garden Support. The support portal can be accessed from the log in page: https://appgarden6.app-garden.com/VolTrackWI3269.nsf. We appreciate your patience and perseverance with this updated process.
Please continue to check our website for any updates. Please let us know if you have any questions or would like additional information.
Thank you again for your interest in volunteering with Schools of Hope and your commitment to helping students in our community. We are grateful for you!
2021-2022 Tutor Application
- Complete the online Schools of Hope Tutor Application
- Register to become a volunteer with MMSD (this includes a background check).
Access the 2021-2022 MMSD School Calendar here!
“AmeriCorps provided great training, the support that is needed to be successful, and I learned a lot from citizenship training.”
| AmeriCorps Member 2017-2018