Schools of Hope is currently recruiting for …
Full Time AmeriCorps positions, October 7, 2019—June 12, 2020
As an AmeriCorps member with the Schools of Hope Project you would be serving as both a literacy tutor as well as a tutor coordinator at a local elementary school. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the academic success of the community’s children while developing and using your community building, education and project management skills. These positions require a commitment of the entire term of service.
What does the position pay?
There are two types of positions currently being offered:
- 1200 Hour (~40 hours/week) — Paid a total of $9,876.71 for the term of service, or $548.71 every two weeks.
- 900 Hour (~32 hours/week) —Paid a total of $7,407.53 for the term of service, or $411.53 every two weeks.
What benefits will I receive?
In addition to your living allowance, AmeriCorps positions provide the following benefits:
- Members are eligible to receive an education award upon completion of one year of service
- 1200 Hour = $4,266.50
- 900 Hour = $3,047.50
- Health insurance (will NOT cover family members)
- Reimbursement for child care expenses (must meet eligibility requirements)
What requirements are there to be an AmeriCorps member?
- must be 18 years or older
- must be U.S. Citizen or have permanent resident status
- ability to pass a National Service Criminal History Check
What is AmeriCorps?
AmeriCorps is a national program that places members in areas of need in the United States to develop or enhance programs and strengthen communities. AmeriCorps engages more than 75,000 Americans in intensive service each year at nonprofits, schools, public agencies, and community and faith-based groups across the country.
Questions? Please contact: Emily Greene, (608) 441-1507, firstname.lastname@example.org