Schools of Hope is currently recruiting for …
Part-time Literacy Tutors, January 14, 2019 – June 14, 2019
As an AmeriCorps member with the Schools of Hope Project you would be serving as a literacy tutor at a local elementary school. This is a great opportunity to work directly with classroom teachers and students. Applicants should demonstrate knowledge or interest in working with diverse populations. Some previous experience working with children is preferred.
How many hours a week will I serve?
- Literacy Tutors serve about 18 hours/week in a local elementary school
- Hours must be served during school day (Monday-Friday, 7:45-3:00)
What does the position pay?
- Literacy Tutors are paid $220.29 bi-weekly
What benefits will I receive?
In addition to your living allowance, AmeriCorps positions provide the following benefits:
- Members are eligible to receive a $1252.91 education award upon completion of term of service
What requirements are there to be an AmeriCorps member?
- must be 18 years or older
- must be U.S. Citizen or have permanent resident status
- ability to pass a National Service Criminal History Check
What is AmeriCorps?
AmeriCorps is a national program that places members in areas of need in the United States to develop or enhance programs and strengthen communities. AmeriCorps engages more than 75,000 Americans in intensive service each year at nonprofits, schools, public agencies, and community and faith-based groups across the country.
Questions? Please contact: Emily Greene, (608) 441-1507, firstname.lastname@example.org