Schools of Hope is currently recruiting for:
Full & Part Time AmeriCorps Members, 2020-2021 School Year
As an AmeriCorps member with the Schools of Hope Project you will be supporting students and families throughout the school year as they move through virtual, hybrid and in-person models. Schools of Hope members are placed at local elementary schools and work closely with school staff to provide:
- One-on-one literacy support & academic coaching (virtual and/or in-person),
- Classroom support during literacy block (virtual and/or in-person)
- Basic needs support – food pantry, books & school supplies
This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the academic success of the community’s children while developing and using your community building, education and project management skills.
What is the time commitment?
There are full and part time positions available for service January 11, 2021 – June 11, 2021.
- FULL TIME
- 675 Hour = 32 hours/week
- PART TIME
- 450 Hour = 23 hours/week
- 300 Hour = 15 hours/week
What does the position pay?
- 675 Hour—Paid a total of $5,981.69 for the term of service, or $543.79 every two weeks
- 450 Hour—Paid a total of $3,987.79 for the term of service, or $362.53 every two weeks
- 300 Hour—Paid a total of $2,658.53 for the term of service, or $241.68 every two weeks
What benefits will I receive?
In addition to your living allowance, AmeriCorps positions provide the following benefits:
- Members are eligible to receive an education award upon completion of one year of service
- 675 Hour = $2,360.00
- 450 Hour = $1,638.89
- 300 Hour = $1,311.11
- Full Time Members Only
- Health insurance (will not cover family members)
- Reimbursement for child care expenses (must meet eligibility requirements)
What requirements are there to be an AmeriCorps member?
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be U.S. Citizen or have permanent resident status
- Ability to pass a National Service Criminal History Check
What is AmeriCorps?
AmeriCorps is a national program that places members in areas of need in the United States to develop or enhance programs and strengthen communities. AmeriCorps engages more than 75,000 Americans in intensive service each year at nonprofits, schools, public agencies, and community and faith-based groups across the country.
Questions? Please contact: Emily Greene, (608) 441-1507, email@example.com